Fabricating Flexible Spaces
In partnership with Microsoft Bing and dd:OUTPOST, we designed a unique, transformable space which can serve as both a community gathering space and as an open event space for Digital DUMBO. We were interested in the potential encoded into a modular approach: if the space must serve two functions then so must its interior. The space we fabricated has an integrated, interactive, and responsive architectural system which addresses the user's needs and interests of through modular floor plans and convertible furniture.
In addition to connecting with users through the physical transformation of space, we also sought connection through multimedia installations, featuring a projection mapped bar, an interactive LED wall, and a real-time social media interface that pulls in Twitter and Instagram feeds.
Not Just Mapping, Reshaping Architecture
The space itself features:
• A groundbreaking audiovisual system that seamlessly merges with the architectural design
• 200" projection screen that allows for engaging presentations and visual content as well as a direct connection between Windows 8, Xbox and Airstream operating systems
• A custom-made touchscreen interface that allows clients to control lighting, AV content and Instagram + Twitter feeds in real-time
• Integrated technologies allow for the content to be presented simultaneously across all screens
• 70 high-powered LED strips react to human presence, triggering visual patterns and sound-effects using the Kinect sensor
• Projection mapped Bar Pod creates a unique surface for showcasing design work, motion graphics, and the "back channel." Our software allows visitors to upload their content to a folder in the cloud which then is automatically wrapped around the Pod making it very easy and simple to switch 'vibe' and branding between events.