Digital Dumbo: Responsive Architecture
In partnership with Microsoft Bing and dd:OUTPOST, we designed and built a unique community lounge and event space for Digital DUMBO. The space is a fully integrated, personalized interior system built from the ground up that included a projection mapped bar, user-based interactive LED wall, and a real-time social media interface that pulls in Twitter and Instagram feeds.
Not Just Mapping, Reshaping Architecture
The space itself features:
• A groundbreaking audiovisual system that seamlessly merges with the architectural design
• 200" projection screen that allows for engaging presentations and visual content as well as a direct connection between Windows 8, Xbox and Airstream operating systems
• A custom made touchscreen interface that allows clients to control lighting, AV content and Instagram + Twitter feeds in real-time
• Integrated technologies allow for the content to be presented simultaneously across all screens
•70 high-powered LED strips react to human presence, triggering patterns and surround sound effects using the Kinect sensor
• Projection mapped Bar Pod creates a unique surface for showcasing design work, motion graphics, and the "back channel"
Our software allows visitors to upload their content to a folder in the cloud which then is automatically wrapped around the Pod making it very easy and simple to switch 'vibe' and branding between events.